Nature, The Perfect Blueprint for Life
Ready to enjoy a new level of zen; one in which you're at ease, calm, and peaceful? Incorporate these 5 quick tips into your life to improve your days:
- Breathing exercises - Breathe in slowly and gently through your nose for about 5 to 7 seconds. Breathe out slowly and gently through pursed lips like you're whistling for about 7 to 9 seconds. Repeat this exercise ten to twenty times.
- Practice self-care - Sure you can get a massage, a mani-pedi, or a haircut. But other money-free options work just as well. A steamy bubble bath with essential oils or stop to smell the roses more often during a walk in the park. These things can be just as therapeutic.
- Practice gratitude - One of the most effective ways we can improve our current condition is to think about all that we have going for us. Choose to focus on that versus what you would like or used to have. Be present and thankful in this season of your life.
- Exercise - A powerful tool to help manage anxiety, stress and worry, exercising releases brain chemicals that counteract the big three that can negatively impact your mood. Burn off the nervous energy with some cardio, at least three or four times a week.
- Real-talk - As much as you might like to control every aspect of your life, realize it isn't possible. Focus on what is in your power to control, and work it to the best of your ability. As for the rest, leave it to God. As in nature, everything comes to a beautiful, and full bloom at just the right time. Learn to let go!
Life can be stressful, but it doesn't have to consume you. Diminish, and in time eliminate persistently elevated stress levels with these easy to master solutions.